Wednesday, January 27, 2010

I think theres a muscle in my toe that doesn't hurt

But I'm sure I'll stub it tomorrow. OK! So, I went to my first workout today with my trainer. I expected to get right to exercising, but we actually talked for a bit. He had quite a few questions for me, wanting to know my eating habits, various health related things, expectations and goals. Since I have absolutely no clue when it comes to this stuff, I told him I didn't really know what goals to set. I told him that ideally I would want to look good and be in great shape. We set an initial goal of getting my %bodyfat down to 12% (I don't really know what that means), and to improve my overall strength.

We then left and went onto the gym floor. My trainer told me that we were going to initially work on core body strength. He explained that core strength is very important because without a strong core, you cannot safely perform many other types of exercise. We started working something called supersets, which (as I was explained) are basically just different exercises which work completely different muscle groups performed one right after the other with little rest in between. I did them in pairs.

After the work on the open floor area, we went to a few of the machines. I pressed weights in many different directions and really worked just about every muscle I can think of in my upper body. I am pretty sore, but I was told that is to be expected. Eventually I will switch to free weights, but not right away. My trainer told me that I will probably be really sore tomorrow and the next, so he wants to wait until Saturday to meet again.

So anyway, I'm exhausted and am going to bed.

Until Saturday, cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment